Software Engineer Back-end
As a Software Engineer Back-end, you will help the team in creating and expanding our applications into better, faster, more scalable in-house applications for the business. Our landscape consists of e-commerce applications such as (B2B) web-shops and portals, CMS, CRM, data-aggregation and order processing systems.
- Developing server-side applications using the latest PHP language features, frameworks, and tooling;
- Choosing the right tooling and programming languages for the application and integration;
- To participate in Scrum-based (feature) teams, collaborating with Technical Leads, Front-end and Back-end Software Engineers, Designers, Product Owners, QA’s and Scrum Masters to develop dynamic server-side web applications across most areas of our business;
- Participating in Daily Scrum ceremonies: Refinement sessions, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews (Demos), and Retrospectives;
- Owning deliverables for our web applications on back-end side;
- Writing and maintaining unit- and integration tests as part of pipelines in Gitlab (CI);
- Working closely with Technical Leads and Solutions Architects to turn abstract ideas into working proof-of-concepts and deliverables;
- Add value into a transitioning and professionalizing development team moving forward from on-premise and private cloud into public cloud utilizing modern and native technology stack of Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Being up to date with back-end best practices.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 3+ years of solid experience as a Software Engineer Back-End;
- You should have (DDD) knowledge and experience of PHP stack and frameworks, such as Symfony, Yii and Laravel yet not limited to PHP only and being T-shaped, willing to switch and utilize other back-end frameworks such as Python, Go-Lang and NodeJS;
- Experience in API documentation such as Swagger;
- Experience in event-driven architecture, working with MQ systems such as RabbitMQ;
- Working experience of pipeline testing (TDD) and application deployments via (Gitlab) CI/CD;
- Perfect understanding on how to build sustainable applications in a micro-service architecture;
- Experience in building and deploying application in public cloud (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform);
- Experience in local development using Docker and MiniKube is a must;
- Results oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities;
- Dynamic team member who can share ideas and is innovative;
- You are living in the Netherlands (or have the permit to work in the Netherlands);
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written. Dutch language is a nice to have.
What we offer
An informal, pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic, fast-growing organization. Additionally,
- An excellent salary that corresponds to your level of education and work experience;
- Year-end bonus and profit distribution;
- Collective pension and health insurance;
- 27 vacation days;
- Discount on IT hardware (for private use) in our webshop;
- Continious learning via our PluralSight and EduBookers learning platforms;
- Travel allowance.
Working at Centralpoint
Our employees describe working at Centralpoint as fun and challenging. At every department our core values; challenge, fun and customer central are noticeable. We work in an informal work environment, doors are always open and there is focus on personal development. This can be seen in the fun activities and Friday drinks, but also during the daily work. Look at our recruitment film.
Centralpoint is the biggest IT-reseller in the Benelux and we are still growing. We are with 550 employees and our offices are located in Nijmegen, Wijchen and Aarschot (BE). We do everything for our customers and believe that technology is important by achieving personal ambitions. We focus on IT to ensure that professionals can work with the best technology.
Is je interesse gewekt of heb je vragen over deze vacature? Laat het dan zeker weten! Voor deze functie kan je contact opnemen met Sabine Wenneker, Recruitment Project Manager, 06 - 8223 8963.
Acquisitie regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.